Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fun with Hair Extensions


Hair Extensions, yes I own them and proud of it. I was told by a friend once that if you can not achieve it weave it!
I tend to only bust them out though if I have extra time in the morning to put them in. They are clip in hair extenstions from Bellami Hair. They are 18'' Piccolina 120g in the shade dark brown. In my opinion, the 18'' is really long enough although Bellami does have longer extensions for the girl or guy (not one to discriminate) that would like that extra boost of hair. I wore these hair extensions on my wedding day. My hair was done at 8AM and I wore them all day finally taking them out at midnight with no discomfort throughout. Below is a link to the Bellami website where I purchased mine. http://www.bellamihair.com/collections/piccolina-120g-18/products/piccolina-120g-18-dark-brown-2
Now the first couple of times that I put these in I needed some assistance. Luckily my mother-in-law was here to help. Sectioning your hair is key. I like to start at the bottom and work my way up. Generally, I do three sections right below my ears, at the top of my ears, and finally at the temples. The remaining hair is used to hide the last/top section wefts. Its best to make sure the sections are as even as you can get them. Since my hair is fine and thin I like to back comb my roots to give the clips something extra to hold on too. What I have found that helps is using day old hair. Clean hair is difficult to get the clips to stay in place.
For this look I took the top section of my hair and back combed it to give it some height and tease. After that I bobby pinned the conceal the wefts. We all know thats not a cute look hair extension wefts to be popping out all over the place.
Moving on to makeup for the day... Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion. Naked Pallette -The Original.
All over the lid I put Sidecar and on the outside corner in a V shape I put Hustle on. On my brows I used the Anastasia Brow Wiz in the shade dark brown. I love this stuff but I feel like I purchased a shade too dark for me, so I use it with a very lite hand. My standard Benefit They're Real Mascara. They're Real Push Up Liner and Rimmel Volume Accelerator. In my water line I was sure to put on L'Oreal Paris Infallible liner. Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear in the shade 1W1 Bone 17. Yaby foundation as a concealer for my under eyes circles. Miliani Baked Blush Berry Amore. Finally, Benefit High Beam Highlighter on the tops of my cheek bones.
Lips: Rimmel Enchantement lip liner and Mac Syrup lip stick. Outfit of the day The faux fur vest is from Forever 21. My favorite winter piece. Yesterday I wore it without at coat and was very comfortable even though it was unseasonable warm for January. The purple top is so old I cannot recall where I got it from. I believe it was my sisters that I stole many years back. :) And the jeans are from Express. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment