Saturday, February 7, 2015

How I Clean My Make-up Brushes



Hello Lovelies!

Today I am discussing how I clean my make-up brushes. This is a crucial step if you are a make-up junkie like myself. Not only does it help prevent the spread of bacteria but I also helps the you make-up brushes last longer

I usually clean my 1-2 times a month using Paper towels, Olive Oil and Anti-bacterial Soap. I am sure after posting this picture every Italian household is cursing me. "Why are you using the good Olive Oil?!?" Well it was almost out and waste not what not.


But really any Olive Oil will do. They Olive Oil is going to leave the bristles nice and smooth and the anti-bacterial soap will kill off any bacteria left on the brush from our skin. Kinda nasty if you think about.

But here are the steps...

First gather dirty make-up brushes I like to do this over the kitchen sink.


Now with the Olive Oil place on paper towel, I like to fold into 4's, I rub the dirty make-up brush on the olive oil soaked paper towel until the brushes wipe clean.


Now after that we take anti-basterial soap in the palm of your hand and rub the brush that was justt being used on the olive oil paper towel.

After that I am going to use Hot-medium temperature water and rise off the soap from the brush. I like to try to avoid the part with the bristles touch the shaft (?? for lack of a better word) too much water there can cause the bristles to fray and possibly break off the brush.

Once the rest of the brushes are done I like to leave out overnight to dry and I am able to use them the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment