Saturday, February 7, 2015

Top Knot Bun Cheat




Hey Guys!!

Today I have a hair cheat for you all. Top knot buns are all the rage or at least they were last fall/winter is that trend over with? Oh well in this post I am going to show you how I achieve this look.

Now I cheat and I am not ashamed to admit it. Here's how it goes...


I start with a high ponytail and smooth out the rest of my hair. Once you have the ponytail on top of my head I split the tail into four sections.

With each section I tease the near the part where the hair tie rests. After I am done with one section I flip the rest of the hair under and secure with a bobby pin. I continue these steps with the rest of they hair. After that is done I try to pull apart the tease to give the illusion that its one large bun with no large gaps on the bun.


I find that this works great with my thin and fine hair. I prefer a large bun and if I were to wrap it around the base of they high ponytail it would not give me the size I prefer. I know I could buy a donut to put over the base of my hair but this just works best for me.


The makeup in this look is Benefit POREfessional Face Primer and Urban Decay Eye Lid Primer. And a palette I clearly need to step away from Urban Decay Naked Basic palette Naked 2 in the crease. WOS (Walk of Shame) on the lid. And Faint in the Outer V.

Of course the standard Benefit They're Real Mascara and L'Oreal Carbon Black liner.

For my foundation I used Estee Lauder Double Wear with Maybelline Age Rewind concealer.

My blush is NARS Orgasm with Physicians Formula higlight. And Rimmel Exaggerate liner with MAC's Plumful.


I hope you enjoyed this cheat and attempt it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment