Thursday, February 12, 2015

Reuse Old Candle Holders




Hello All!

Today I am shaking it up and bring you all a little DIY. Occasionally I get crafty.

I figured this out from a Pinterest post I saw once you place candles in the freezer and that makes the wax ridiculously easy to remove. Now its recommended to remove before your significant other starts asking "Why do we have so many candles in the freezer?" :)


The process is really easy as soon as you have removed from the freezer take a butter knife and let your weeks frustrations out on the cold wax.


Once the wax and metal wick holders that they glue down for some crazy reason are removed from the jars you will want to clean them up. I like to take a paper towel dry worked fine to remove the black from the edge and remove the sticker label.

After that I ran them thru the dishwasher. I mean I suppose you could wash them by hand...


Then we are done. I find that I can use them for cotton balls, Q Tips, Make-up pads, brushes and more.


I hope you test this out. Kinda makes me feel good that I am reusing and re-purposing something rather than just throw it out. Let me know if this worked for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment