Sunday, February 1, 2015

Old Hollywood Vintage Waves




Hello All!

Today I am going to share with you a favorite look of mine. It looks like it take a lot of work and effort but really rather simple. Its a vintage Hollywood wave/curl and most of the work I did the night before.


What you will need is a curling iron, duck clips and a scarf to cover your head for sleeping on the curls. I am using a Conair 1/2 inch, I believe, its so old the size for the barrel has wore off. The process is rather easy curl your hair, but as soon as you release the curl from the iron you need to roll it back up and secure with a duck clip. Continue the same steps until all of your hair is curled and secured. This is really going to make the curls last leaving them in that position until the hair cools. After I am done curling all of my hair. I give a quick spray of hairspray and then tie the scarf over my head. And off to bed I go for the night...

In the morning its time to release the curls. Prepare your self for a glam shot!


"I woke up like this...Flawless"

Any ways you need to remove all the duck clips. I like to run my fingers through my hair. Then comes the part some, myself included, are afraid to do...The brush out. Trust me it has to happen and its worth it. It gives your hair so much volume and body and still maintains some curl and wave. For the completed look I just bobby pinned up the right side of my hair since I usually part it on that side and let the left side do as it pleased.


Now for make-up I am using eyeshadow primer and face primer now still Urban Decay Eye Shadow primer and Benefits POREfessional face primer. I like the way foundation sits now on my face with a primer added to my routine.


For this look on my eyes I am using the Urban Decay Naked Original Palette Sidecar all over the lid and Dark horse in the outter V. My eyeliner is an oldie but a goodie L'Oreal Paris Carbon Black Lineur Intense with Benefits They're Real mascara.

My foundation is Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in shade 140 with Maybelline Age rewind concealer for my undereyes.

And my lips are lined with Rimmel Exaggerate in Red Diva with Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in shade 10.


I hope you try this look out. It makes me feel like I should be in the 1940's and just a fun wearable look.

No comments:

Post a Comment